Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I am Active & Excited

I’m excited. I’m excited today for my workout. Boy, I never thought I would say that! I’m excited today for more than just my workout though, I have set some new goals and changed a few things around for me. I have been doing great with my weight loss, I FINALLY broke under 200!!! It has been years since I have been under 200 & not struggled to stay there. But, now that I am here I am stuck between 197 & 199. I have hit a plateau of almost 5 weeks now. I have not lost motivation or determination; I have tried several things to break it. Working out harder, eating more, eating less, but I remain stuck. I do know that a little part of it is gaining muscle I didn’t have before, which I am so proud of but most of it is just being stuck. Well, I’m DONE! I’ve put on the gloves and am determined to get over this hump.
I have put the scale away in the closet so I don’t have to face the same daily frustrating weigh in. In the last 30 pounds I would weight myself every day for a guide of how I was doing since I wasn’t counting calories or tracking much. I will pull it back out when I do my 1st of the month measurements.
I have also started back with tracking my diet with Weight Watchers, since it has worked well for me in the past. Since I have been cutting out a lot of processed foods and all wheat I didn’t know if I would be able to make enough Points daily for the program to work. I think after really looking at it and giving it the time, it is going to work just fine for me, maybe even give me a little more freedom. I don’t mind either keeping up with the Weight Watchers Points, but I hate counting every tedious calorie.
The thing I am most excited about is I have planned to run my first 5K on July 4, it is the Independence Celebration run, how fitting, right?! I am starting a couch to 5K program today since I am not a runner and will be aiming for a 30 minute 5K by July. I have 11 weeks to build myself up. It is a big goal but I want something I have to push myself to strive for. I though am not going to be disappointed if I don’t do a 30 minute 5K, I am just going to be thrilled to actually RUN it. Then, in mid August the Hubs and I are planning on doing a 5K mud run. It looks a little intimidating to me, but in a good way. If I could finish the mud run and all the challenging obstacles, that would be the ultimate accomplishment.
So, I’m excited, I’m motivated, I’m encouraged, I’m driven and excited proud.

1 comment:

  1. yay good for you on signing up for your first 5K. Congrat's on getting under 200lbs. I am SO with you, the scale has been stuck for a while for me. Thought that's probably due to my love of pizza lately. I also agree 100% on not weighing yourself every day. One thing my husband has taught me is the scale is not the only way to monitor what your body is doing. I've gone down an entire size, but barely have moved on the scale.

    ReplyDelete